- to achieve data consistency and comparability, as well as to ensure the effectiveness of processes of data processing
- to get actual and accurate information about an educational institution
- to improve the information accessibility for Users
- to give a possibility to make changes in objects and data of the system
- to use data created by the system in other information systems and complexes
In their work a customer uses Big Data and faces the necessity of their high-quality processing, analysis and interpretation.
- Uncoordinated databases with significant structural differences created difficulties by integration and comparability of data from various observations.
- Data capture and data processing were carried out in the prescribed reporting form. In order to make any change, it was necessary to attract programmers.
- Available complexes for data processing had a narrow focus and involved continuous support with attracting additional resources.
Novacom specialists developed a system that creates and supports metadata in a form of a unified register of educational institutions, reference books and classification systems that follows the uniform rules.
The unified system for maintenance of reference books and classification systems and of a unified register of educational institutions provides:
- integrity and comparability of system’s information objects;
- data export and connection with external information systems;
- maintenance of characteristics of educational institution and education authorities;
- control of all changes in educational institutions and bodies including their territorial belonging;
- control over Users activities in the system;
- data selection and filtering in many aspects with further possible analytical work;
- extension and change of the structure of reference books and classification systems, their parameters and their contents at the user level.
The project was implemented by 9 specialists within the period of 3 months.
The created solution can process data from ca. 9000 educational institutions of the Republic of Belarus, the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus and the Chief Information and Analytical Centre of the Ministry of Education.
The main system advantage is the availability of tools which solve all tasks at the user level, including creation of new objects, introduction of alterations into the existing ones, change of interconnection, logging, etc.
The system developed by Novacom makes it possible:
- to achieve data consistency and comparability;
- to get actual and correct information from educational institutions;
- to improve the information accessibility for Users;
- to give a possibility to make any changes in objects and data of the system at the user level;
- to ensure effectiveness of data processing for different observations.