- accounting all incoming and outgoing energy and material flows through the enterprise
- raducing energy costs by optimizing energy consumption
- support for decision-making for achievement the best working conditions
- monitoring conditions in real time
Salt production is a fairly power-consuming process, and, therefore, the enterprise top management pays a lot of attention to reduction of expenses on energy resources. The main involved energy resources include steam, hot water and hot air. Installation of state-of-the-art power equipment allowed to achieve considerable results. Boiling room became gas-driven, and installation of turbine generators and gas-reciprocating aggregates allowed to provide the enterprise with power energy and even to start selling it.
Nevertheless, high power consumption during production urges the enterprise to search for new possibilities of costs reduction. As a matter of fact, saving even a couple of percent will lead to considerable costs reduction, taking into consideration the scale of Mozyrsalt. That’s why the top management made a decision on implementation of automated system for power consumption accounting and monitoring.
The project has started with thorough inspection of technological process, equipment and available control and measurement devices (flow meters, vapor sensors and others). It was necessary to determine what data about production parameters are available, what the interrelations between them are, how they can be entered into the system, and what should be added in order to develop a well-coordinated comprehensive energy balance model.
This project was performed by Novacom in a comprehensive way — starting from sensor installation and up to deployment of software. It included 4–6 operator working places. The software part was implemented based on Wonderware solutions and in-house developed components.
- data collection and equipment state monitoring in realrime mode;
- assessment of influence of equipment operation parameters on energy consumption;
- presentation of real-time data in an easy-to-use interface: information dashboards with visual display of situation, tables, schedules and reports.